I know, I know. Chocolate cakes are to die for. At least for me, no wonderful day is ever completed without a moist, decadent piece of chocolate cake.
And when it comes to chocolate cake, bakers are noisy, every one claiming that he holds the best chocolate cake recipe. I totally get that, I am one of them.
So here I have listed what you need and steps of how you can bake the most decadent chocolate cake. Oh, of course, with my secret ingredients – the Guinness® and the espresso powder to win the show!
Most decadent chocolate cake -Ingredients
- 250ml (1 cup) of Guinness®
- 250g (1 cup) of unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- 400g (2 cups) of caster sugar
- 270g (2 cups) of plain flour
- 100g (1 cup) of cocoa powder
- 150ml (2/3 cup) of soured cream
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon of espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Just a reminder here, you need to have your butter and eggs at room temperature in order to get a perfect consistency and eventually the most decadent chocolate cake!
Most decadent chocolate cake – Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/ Gas 4. Line and grease a 9 inch (23cm) cake tin.
- Heat up the Guinness® with the butter over low heat in a saucepan until the butter has melted. Incorporate sifted espresso powder into the mixture.
- Prepare your dry ingredients. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, caster sugar and baking soda into a large mixing bowl and then use a balloon whisk to whisk and combine them evenly.
- In another bowl, prepare your wet ingredients. Mix the soured cream, eggs, vanilla extract and the Guinness® and butter mixture you made earlier together.
- Add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and whisk them together.
- Pour the mixture into your cake tin and bake at 150°C for about 22 minutes. You know it is ready when the skewer poked inside comes out completely clean.
Still doesn’t get it? Don’t worry!
Here I have attached a video clip to aid you to have a greater clarity! The recipe is not exactly identical to mine, but don’t worry! The steps are the same.
Believe it or not. There you go with the most decadent chocolate cake. I guess you are now ready to decorate? You can click here to get some ideas for decorating your masterpiece!
The other interesting secret is that you may also substitute your soured cream with mayonnaise in the ratio of 1:1, which is 150ml of mayonnaise in this case. Yes, I am serious. Trust me, you would not even taste it and the mayonnaise will give you an extremely rich and moist chocolate cake.
If you have any problem regarding the recipe, please leave it in the comment section and I will be here to help! 🙂