I know. Not everyone is a risk taker.
At least I was not a brave baker when I was starting out my baking journey. I love to make something I can expect – not standing in front of my oven and praying hard, hoping that my cake is going to be okay. That’s why the easy no-bake oreo cheesecake has always been a favourite of mine.
What’s worse is that my family members are definitely not the ones the hold my hand through difficulties when I was stuck at some point at baking. Yes, they might be my fake family (just joking).
I mean, they wouldn’t even give my cake a chance if it looks yucky.
At the same time, they wouldn’t give me a chance to have a tiny taste on my own cake if the cake looks attractive enough to trigger their appetite.
Anyway, I prefer the latter. At least I consider that’s a compliment for me.
And, that magical moment happened for the first time when I make them this easy no-bake oreo cheesecake. It was such a satisfying moment to look at them happily stuffing the oreo cheesecake I make into their mouth.
Since then, the oreo cheesecake has become my signature cake. It’s the first cake that comes up in my mind whenever I need to make someone a simple birthday cake or just me needing a piece of after dinner dessert.
Today I am going to share the recipe of my favourite no-bake oreo cheesecake with you, guys! This is the recipe I use over and over and over again. It’s just so good that I see no point in altering it.
And, this recipe is for those madly in love with the Oreo cookies (me! me!). I can even have the Oreos as my lunch!
Easy no-bake oreo cheesecake – Tools you need
Okay, like always, we are going to start with the equipment and tools we need. Obviously, we need no oven here (hurray)!
All you would need to make this cake is:
- Hand/stand mixer
- Food processor
- A 9-inch springform cake tin
- A spatula
- A mixing bowl
hours 15 minutes
Easy no-bake oreo cheesecake – Ingredients
For the base
- 24 pieces of Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 70g (5 tablespoons) of butter, melted
For the filling
- 900g (1 1/2 cups) of full-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1.5 cups (360ml) of double cream at room temperature
- 125g of (1cup) confectioners’ sugar
- 24 pieces of Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
For the topping
- 12 pieces of Oreo cookies, crushed
Easy no-bake oreo cheesecake – Instructions
For the crust
- Use a food processor to blitz the Oreos until they are a fine crumb. Moisten the crumbs by adding the melted butter into it and then press the mixture into the bottom of your cake tin.
For the filling
- In a mixing bowl, use the stand/hand mixer to beat the cream cheese on a high speed until smooth.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl. Continue to whip until well combined.
- Pour in the double cream and continue to beat on a medium-high speed until the mixture has thickened and holds itself on the beater. The beating may take about three to five minutes.
- With your spatula, fold the coarsely crushed Oreos into the mixture until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into your cake tin and smooth out the top.
For the topping
- Sprinkle the Oreos you prepared to be used as topping on the surface of the layer and gently press them down a bit.
- Pop your cheesecake into the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours or more and it’s done!
*If you are planning to garnish your cheesecake with extra whipped cream or chocolate sauce, chill your cake in the refrigerator once you have poured the filling in. Decorate it with your whipped cream and chocolate sauce once it has set. Also, leave the sprinkling of chopped Oreos at last.
Take home tips
Now you have known the exact steps that lead you to a perfect yet easy no-bake oreo cheesecake!
I always love easy cakes. Easy is great!
Alright, here are some tips that I find useful when you are making your awesome Oreo cheesecake.
Remember, always use cream cheese and heavy cream at room temperature. You will thank me later when you see the fluffy, nice texture of your cheesecake filling with no lumps!
Some would remove the filling of the Oreos but I would recommend you to crush the cookies with the fillings in. It will make your perfect cheesecake even more perfect! Just imagine the taste brought by the fillings! Decadent.
As you can see here, this recipe includes no gelatin as many would assume. The use of gelatin is to bring the filling together and help the cheesecake to set. But, I don’t really like the texture of no-bake cheesecake made from gelatin.
Plus, I see no point in adding it as you can actually make the cheesecake without it anyway.
The one last tip is that, if your cheesecake is unwilling to set for any reason, or it’s just too runny, try to set it anyway. You may leave it in your fridge overnight! Otherwise, you can pop it into your freezer and tell your family that you are making them an ice cream Oreo cheesecake (a little white lie).
Trust me, it tastes as good as the original Oreo cheesecake. If not, better.
That’s it for now! If you have any question or just want to share any tips with me, please leave it in the comment section!
By the way, if you would like to check out other easy cake recipes, you may click on the image or the link below to do so! 🙂
This Madeira cake is the perfect base for you if you are planning to make a fondant cake or just looking for a simple afternoon tea party cake.
This chocolate cupcake is another super easy beginner cake to go! You don’t even need a mixer there.
If the chocolate cupcake is just not enough, you can have a go with this decadent chocolate cake too! Oh, did I mention? It’s got a secret ingredient in it!